How to Make a
HELLO, this page is designed to help you learn
how to make and use Personal Clipboards.
Like c/c/p, once you do it a few times, it is
easy and a very convenient timesaver!!
Below are the instructions for making and using
your own Personal Clipboard with Webtv. If
you need more help with clipboards, Paul Erickson
has created a new page on them, titled A Virtual Clipboard.
Here is how to make your own
1. While on a webpage, save the URL by pressing
the GO TO key.
2. On the resulting
pop-up, click on show current. The URL will
appear in the box.
3. Press cmd and "a" keys. This will highlight
the URL for copying.
4. Press cmd
and "c" keys. You will hear a click and the URL
is now in temporoary storage.
5. Press the back key and the pop-up will pop
6. Decide on a one-word name for your clipboard.
You can use letter and/or number combinations.
Replace the "anyname" used below with the name
7. Press the GO TO key
again to make the pop-up reappear.
8. Delete http://
9. Type mailto:anyname or number. (I use 1-9 to name my clipboards eie,...mailto:1)
10. Press the return key and you will get a write
e-mail page with anyname in the TO: area. You now
have a personal clipboard! You can type in a
subject now or later.
11. Move the cursor to the message area and press
the cmd and "v" keys to copy the URL onto the
clipboard. Type a page title or description
before or after the URL.
can surf some more, read some e-mail, or use the
back key to return to the page you were just on
(very convenient), You can even power off.
13. When you are ready to return to your
clipboard, repeat steps 7 - 10. The clipboard
should remain in your storage for at least 48
hours, maybe more. You can add more URL's at any
time within a few days
14. As you
come and go from the clipboard, any line spacing
you added will disappear. You can wait and add
spacing before you send it. The spacing makes it
easier to read.
15. To send it (sending it to yourself will allow
you to keep it permanently), delete anyname after
the TO: and key in a real e-mail addy.
16. Personal clipboards are not just for URL's.
They are great for lists, notes, or taking breaks
while writing long e-mails.
can make as many clipboards as you wish. Make
sure you write down the mailto:names so you don't
And enjoy this convenient tool. :
This page by: Tookalook, Momke, and